Rajapalayam was a little hamlet in the arid and barren land of the then Ramanathapuram district. The present vibrant and lively Rajapalayam would not have blossomed into a haven of industries and educational institutions but for the unrelenting service rendered by our beloved Founder Shri P.A.C. Ramasamy Raja. He breathed life into the indifferent land, tapped and developed the gold mine of opportunities. Under his care and guidance a sleepy village became a bustling town, and finally a centre of commerce and education with a high literacy rate and growing employment opportunities.
Born in the year 1894 to the ideal couple of Shri Poosapadi Chinniah Raja and Smt. Chittammal, our Founder was forced to take up the mantle after the sudden demise of his father. True to the saying “Adversity brings the best from the man”, our Founder lived up to the challenge thrown at him and laid the foundation of his big and ambitious vision in a small grocery and iron shop that belonged to his father. His risk taking abilities breathed life into the parched land of Rajapalayam and strings of factories and mills started to surface.
Three passions viz., showing love towards the poor people, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind are considered as noble traits. Our Founder possessed these qualities in abundant. The plight of pathetic and helpless people of Rajpalayam was the driving force for our beloved founder to establish P.A.C. Ramasamy Raja Education Charity Trust to offer quality education for the economically weaker sections and eradicate the most prevalent illiteracy. He considered service to the poor as service to the almighty. “The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be ignited” thundered Plutarch. As a testimony to the words of Plutarch, he ignited the minds of Rajapalayam people.
He started P.A.C. M. Hr. Sec. School in the year 1952. In the same year, another primary school was opened. Our founder’s quest for establishing educational institutions saw the starting of P.A.C.R. Ammani Ammal Elementary school in the year 1956. It was an avowed object of founder to start a technical institution but he passed away in 1962. His dream came into reality when this polytechnic was started in 1963 by his son and our former Chairman Shri P.R. Ramasubrahmaneya Rajha. Since the day one of its inception, it has made rapid strides in the field of technical education. The polytechnic continues to excel in imparting technical education and strives earnestly to fulfil the aspirations of our founder.
Closely following the heels of our founder, our former Chairman too showed keen interest in establishing educational institutions. Under our former chairman’s leadership, the polytechnic grew astoundingly and curved a renowned name in the field of technical education. Besides establishing our polytechnic, our compassionate former Chairman established a scores of educational institutions including P.A.C.R. Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Chinmaya Vidyalaya Srimathi Lingammal Ramaraju Matriculation Hr. Sec. School, Ramco Industrial Training Institute and Ramco Institute of Technology. More than 11000 children are being benefited by our trust established by him.
“Each of us will one day be judged by our standard of life, not by our standard of living; by our measure of giving, not by measure of wealth; by our simple goodness” proclaims William Arthur Ward. Our former Chairman was an embodiment of this famous quote. His dedication and perseverance towards the elevation of suffering humanity is highly laudable and commendable. He has left a behind a legacy of sincerity, hard work and dedication which are being inherited and followed by the employees of this temple of learning.